[asterisk-dev] Asterisk crunches ACLs and umask by default, suggested fix

Mark Hulber asterisk-admin at hulber.com
Sun Feb 19 06:34:13 MST 2006

If I wasn't the only person to access my Asterisk box I would find it a
problem that /etc/asterisk has 0755 permissions.  Maybe I created it
this way and it's not the default but since it has account information
and passwords in it the directory should be privileged.  Likewise, I
don't think /var/log/asterisk should be readable by everyone.  CDRs and
identifying system messages are not everyone's business.

MARK.