[asterisk-dev] Asterisk crunches ACLs and umask by default, suggested fix

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 04:05:59 MST 2006

Well - I independently changed the voicemail file permissions to 0660
etc in my tree and was going to put on bugs but yours is better
implemented.

You need group permissions, for example, if you have asterisk running
as user asterisk, and want to make voicemail files available via the
web via apache running as apache.  Giving group permissions means you
can add apache to the asterisk group.  With only user permissions you
are stuck.

So from my POV use 0660 for voicemail files.

Other files which aren't private should be 0666; umask can always be
used to control that.

That's my 2c.

Steve