[asterisk-dev] How does RFC2833 get indicated to the SIP peer

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Thu Feb 16 07:20:03 MST 2006

Back in Asterisk 1.0.5, when we sent our SDP packet to the distant end, we
sent
	m=audio <port> RTP/AVP <codec> 101
where the 101 which indicated that we wanted to get RFC2833 DTMF from our
other end.

Now it's missing, and my peer (level3) is sending me inband DTMF.

It's not obvious to me from reading channels/chan_sip.c (in either the old
1.0.5 or the current 1.2.4) how this 101 gets on the end of my Media
Description line or how else the peer is supposed to know that I need
rfc2833 DTMF.

Can somebody please explain?

Thanks,
</edg>