[asterisk-dev] IBM BladeServer / Clustered Linux

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 13 13:14:13 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 14:54 -0500, Robert Bedell wrote:
> I remember a while back there was an article about IBM using their
> bladeserver architecture to implement a clustered asterisk.
> Specifically, they had multiple asterisk blades, and when one went
> down the call would be picked up by another blade without being
> disconnected.
>
> I post this to the –dev list because I’m interested in the technical
> details of what they did (those I can gather without an NDA, anyway).
> Anyone have an idea on this?
>
> If you know the name of the people at IBM who participated in the
> development it may help as well.  Sorry for any noise ;(

A few months ago I asked the guy at IBM working on this project. He did
not give me any information. Said it was still in a research phase and
not even remotely close to a real product. Maybe things have changed in
the meantime but I have not seen any other information on this project
floating around.

Regards,
Patrick