[asterisk-dev] attempt #3 to build trunk failed

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Sat Feb 11 14:00:08 MST 2006

The problem of an hour ago are now solved via an update, but now the
build breaks further down the make.

Now, in formats:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/murf/murf/AEL2/formats'
gcc  -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-
declarations -g3  -Iinclude -I../include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6
-march=i686 -DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS         -fomit-frame-pointer  -
DT38_SUPPORT -fPIC   -c -o format_au.o format_au.c
gcc -shared -Xlinker -x -o format_au.so  format_au.o
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../channels/adtranvofr.h', needed
by `format_g723.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/murf/murf/AEL2/formats'

Isn't there some way to prevent this kind of thing? Or is this the
result of some kind of shortcoming in SVN? The only thing I can think of
that a developer creates a new .h file, includes it in a source file,
and forgets to "svn add" it to the repository when they commit
everything. Their makes will complete, but everybody else will have
problems.

In which case a scan of the results of "svn status" should show a source
file (.c or .h) in the ? list...?

murf