[asterisk-dev] any decision on moving sounds/ outside asterisk/ tree ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Feb 11 09:23:06 MST 2006

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> In any case this would affect only first-time users, because
> the install does not remove the existing directories (at
> least, this is the case for modules/ so it would be trivial to
> do the same for the installed sounds/ if it is not already
> like this).

Not quite true... the concern is that if we add/change sounds and the
'version number' of the sounds tarball gets increased, you won't know
until 'make install' time that the sounds are needed.

I do agree that this is probably more protection than is needed for
trunk users... I'll discuss it with Mark again.