[asterisk-dev] any decision on moving sounds/ outside asterisk/ tree ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Feb 11 08:26:07 MST 2006

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> there was some discussion some time ago about moving the sounds/
> directory outside the main asterisk/ tree. Was a decision made ?
> I think it would be a very useful move, especially considering
> how much overhead that directory produces in handling
> svn branches...

Mark is very resistant to the idea... but I need to put together an
actual demonstration of how it would work to appease his concerns.

Basically, he's mostly concerned about people who do a checkout and then
build/install without Internet access... and then don't have access to
get the sounds. For tarball users there would be no change, as we would
bundle the sounds into the tarball. Personally, I think anyone building
from SVN should have enough of a clue to do 'make get-sounds' (or
similar) before disconnecting from the net...