[asterisk-dev] Voicemail deleted whilst being left

Joel Vandal jvandal at infoteck.qc.ca
Fri Feb 10 10:15:20 MST 2006

Hi,

>I looked back through the logs and figured out what happened - the MWI
>indicator started flashing BEFORE the caller had finished leaving the
>message.  I then managed to delete the voicemail message whilst it was
>being left and could not get it back again.
>
>Is this a known problem?

Since few days, I've see messages on asterisk-users about this
problem.   I've not found any ticket on bugtracker related to this problem.

When a user leave a message, it write the file directly in the voicemail
folder. IMO the solution is to write it in a temporary files and move it
when user confirm the message. I'm not a C coder so for now I cannot
write patch or rewrite the storage backend.

--
Joel Vandal
ScopServ Inc.