[asterisk-dev] Passing AOC information across channels

Frank Sautter asterisk at sautter.com
Wed Feb 8 03:13:20 MST 2006

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
> Are you sure about this?  I can't cite specific references, but a
> facility message outside the context of a call (including non-call
> associated signaling connections) seems like it would be a blatant
> protocol violation.
aoc-e is sent during the diconnect, release or release_complete messages
(normally during disconnect, when the call is cleared from the network
side; during release, when the call is cleared from the user side)

> I'll tell you what, I haven't been able to figure which specs to look at
> for this.  If you (or someone else that knows which ones we're referring
> to) can give me an idea of which documents to look at, I'll go through
> them to see if I can offer another opinion on the matter (ETSI
> references, URLs, etc, ITU-T doc numbers, anything).
take a look at:
ITU-T Q.956 DSSS1 Cause2 Advice of Charge (AOC)
ITU-T X.208 Abstract syntax notation one (ASN.1)
ITU-T X.209 Specification of basic encoding rules for ASN.1

and of course you may need the underlying Q.930, Q.931 and Q.932

regards
  frank sautter