[asterisk-dev] version.h in zaptel

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Feb 7 07:14:52 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> I noticed that zaptel tries to generate a version.h file. However when
> generating it from the tarball it seems to be empty, as no .version file
> is provided in the tarball.

Did you not see my reply on asterisk-users? This has already been
corrected in the release script for future tarballs.

> Furthermore, I'm trying to understand what is it used for: a version of
> the kernel-user interface or for various zaptel modules to check on?
> Shouldn't all the other modules include it as well?

It is only for 'tech support' usage, basically. Previously we had no way
to know what version of Zaptel was installed; now it shows up in the
kernel (dmesg) log, and in Asterisk when chan_zap gets loaded.

It is no way a version for API or module interface usage.