[asterisk-dev] Exchange data between channels at the time of a Dial

Ricardo Monteiro ricardo.monteiro at aveiro.nec.pt
Thu Feb 2 06:15:04 MST 2006

Hi,

            I'm new to Asterisk development, I'm in my first steps...

            I'm having problems to find detailed information of some of
the internal mechanism of this great software, I can see that are some
effort in place but not yet a full documentation (which is normal, I
would say).

What I would like to know is the right way to pass some data I have on
the zap channel side (chan_zap.c) to the SIP channel when the Sip
channel is dialed from a Zap channel. What is the correct mechanism to
use? Is it possible using pbx_builtin_setvar_helper() and
pbx_builtin_getvar_helper() functions?

Thanks for any tip that can push me in the right direction.

BTW, what I'm trying to do is to accomplish the following (as I stated
on a message on the asterisk.org forum but with no help so far):

I'm trying to pass user-user information from a PRI call setup to a SIP
INVITE, and vice versa (Probably I will add the info to the SDP).

I confirmed that the information is available on the libpri, and I
believe it is also available on the chan_zap but have not yet confirmed
this last point at runtime.

My question is how I can pass this information on a bridged call from
the Zap channel to the SIP channel. What mechanisms are available on
Asterisk to do this kind of things?

Thanks in advance for any help,

            Ricardo