[asterisk-dev] Update coding guidelines

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Dec 31 08:58:43 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> I cannot recall any such use. I believe that in this case patches for
> adding the const would be welcomed. Though this is just MHO. Have you
> added there const-s where necessary and verified all to still compile?

In fact, creating and testing said patch would probably have taken less
time than posting the questions with dozens of hyperlinks to this
mailing list did.

> BTW: is there really a point to the following disclaimer on the
> documentation of app_alarmreceiver.c:
>
>   * *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING ***
>   *
>   * Use at your own risk. Please consult the GNU GPL license document included with Asterisk.         *
>   *
>   * *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING ***

Yes, there is. People using that module should be made explicitly aware
of the lack of warranty associated with Asterisk; in fact, I'd prefer to
see that message displayed on the console when the module is loaded, and
again the first time the application is called. That application is used
for receiving alarm calls from security/life safety systems... the lack
of warranty needs to be well understood by its users.