[asterisk-dev] /dev/zap/(channel no) ends on 255 and unable to make more

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 11:19:05 MST 2006

Yes, It is equipped with

2xSangoma 8xE1ExpressPCI cards+1xSangoma 2xE1 card
making in total 18xE1 links. Yes Eighteen E1's.
I've tested it in PRI mode Back-to-back (with ALL channels
interlinked and was able get stable 320 simultaneous
channels active before machine runs out of CPU power.

BTW: this machine connects to 8x different telcos and not
meant to have ALL of the spans to be fully loaded at once.

and having such a setup I need to access channel over 255
in /dev/zap...