[asterisk-dev] Zaptel - 2.4 kernel/2.6 kernel

Brett Crapser brett at websmyths.com
Sun Dec 17 11:55:43 MST 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 12:23 pm, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Brett Crapser wrote:
> > Now the above are only available in the 2.6 kernel but there are no
> > if statements around them so are you dropping 2.4 kernel support or
> > is this just a oops?
>
> This is trunk; it's a development area, which means very often it will
> be an inconsistent state.
>
> ztcodec_dte is an unfinished driver; no attempt has been made to make it
> work on older kernels to date. Once it has been 'completed', and has
> been tested against current kernels, we'll look into whatever changes
> are required to support 2.4 kernels. However, it is possible (I have no
> idea how likely) that as new drivers are added, they may not be
> compatible with 2.4 kernels unless someone from the community wants to
> do the work to support them... our internal development team resources
> are not likely to be used providing 2.4 kernel compatibility unless it
> is very straightforward to do or we need to do it to support a certified
> platform/distro.

Thanks Kevin - I know it's trunk.  I have been 'running trunk' for almost two
years now. Only had one or two problems along the way. Very light usage.

Noticed it is a module so took it out of Makefile - nothing in menuselect to
turn it off so thought it might be more important than it was. Thought it be
better to flag the developers list - just in case.

Brett