[asterisk-dev] Zaptel - 2.4 kernel/2.6 kernel

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Dec 17 11:23:02 MST 2006

Brett Crapser wrote:
> Now the above are only available in the 2.6 kernel but there are no
> if statements around them so are you dropping 2.4 kernel support or
> is this just a oops?

This is trunk; it's a development area, which means very often it will
be an inconsistent state.

ztcodec_dte is an unfinished driver; no attempt has been made to make it
work on older kernels to date. Once it has been 'completed', and has
been tested against current kernels, we'll look into whatever changes
are required to support 2.4 kernels. However, it is possible (I have no
idea how likely) that as new drivers are added, they may not be
compatible with 2.4 kernels unless someone from the community wants to
do the work to support them... our internal development team resources
are not likely to be used providing 2.4 kernel compatibility unless it
is very straightforward to do or we need to do it to support a certified
platform/distro.