[asterisk-dev] Re: [svn-commits] file: branch1.4 r319- /branches/1.4/asterisk-ooh323c/src/chan_h323.c

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Dec 14 18:39:30 MST 2006

Dan Austin wrote:
> Should the ast_channel_allow strip/replace spaces in a requested channel
> name, or should chan_ooh323 pick a better identifier?
>
> I'd vote for the former in case another channel chooses a similar
> approach, but I'm not sure I care too much either way.

I would say that it just needs to use a better identifier.  It should just
follow the convention used in other modules, where it uses a peer name from the
configuration if available, or the host name of the calling peer, followed by a
random number.  You might want to look into some other modules to review exactly
what is done.  Also, I noticed that it uses rand(), and if this is getting
worked on anyway, it should be changed to ast_random().

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer