[asterisk-dev] RTP Packetization (bugid 5162)

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Thu Aug 31 11:12:38 MST 2006

----- Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com> wrote:
> I've been looking at the remaining RTP-based channel drivers to see
> if
> they
> could be made to leverage this functionality (easily).

<snip>

> I'd be happy to make a pass at a patch to address these issues, but I
> will
> not be able to test the results.  If any of the developers familiar
> with
> these channels are interested and can spare the cycles to test the
> results,
> please let me know

If you were to provide a (disclaimed) patch for skinny, I could test it with a couple devices.  It looks like the protocol does allow different packet sizes, but I guess there is only one way to find out, right?

As a starting point, you'll probably want to have a good look at the packetSize var in the start_media_transmission_message struct.  Try not to hardcode it to ulaw too much - I intend on giving that part of the code an overhaul someday soon. ;)

--
Jason Parker
Digium