[asterisk-dev] Clarification of asterisk-addons (new subject)

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Wed Aug 30 11:39:15 MST 2006

30 aug 2006 kl. 19.28 skrev Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk:

>>> Not likely, guaranteed. We do not look at undisclaimed code for
>>> copyright and other licensing reasons, and in the near future you
>>> would not even be able to upload a code submission (and mark it
>>> as such) without a license agreement already on file.
>>
>> To clarify a bit:
>>
>> Without a disclaimer on file, your code will not be used in the
>> asterisk.org distribution managed by Digium.
>>
>> You can still distribute it and there are plenty of additions and
>> patches for Asterisk out there on sourceforge
>> pbxfreeware.org and other sites that are distributed under GPL.
>
> But the asterisk-addons package is there for the sole reason that
> the code in there cannot go into asterisk, right? Why, then, will
> digium force this?

I think Kevin or Mark has to answer this, but I think that the -
addons code is still disclaimed, but isn't compatible
with the commercial licensing due to licenses in other Open Source
packages. I don't think that addons contains
code that is not disclaimed to Digium.

I would appreciate a clarification on this from Digium!

/Olle

---
Olle E. Johansson * Asterisk Evangelist, developer * VOOP A/S
olle at voop.com