[asterisk-dev] TCP Protocol to asterisk

Roeland Werring ruleking at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 05:54:39 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm looking for a PBX system that can be controlled through a protocol based
on TCP.

i.e. i'd like to send a request message to the PBX with for instance ID,
Command, etc... and then get a TCP response back with wether the command was
completed succes full. Also messages with events should be send back in
other to control the status. This way i want to control the PBX totally from
outside.

I think this should be possible with Asterisk, it is actually a heavily
adapted version of manager.c in some way.

I was wondering if anyone has a smart solution to build such a module in
Asterisk? There exist so much API's that i cannot really get an overview on
if this is something I have to program and integrate myself or if it is
easier to do with already existing program work from third parties?

TIA

rule\\