[asterisk-dev] app_queue member naming and AMI events

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Fri Aug 25 16:29:29 MST 2006

> ----- Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar> wrote:
> > a large/real life callcenter you can have Local/XXX at agents
> > referencing
> > to Agent XXX, Agent YYY or Agent ZZZ. It won't be as easy as just
>
> Can you describe how that is possible? All we are doing is replacing
>  Agent/123 with Local/123 at agents... when chan_agent was in the picture,
>  a call to Agent/123 always went to that agent's assigned physical
>  device. If the dialplan logic in the agents context does the same
>  thing, then I don't see how Local/123 at agents (as a queue member name,
>  not as a channel name) could ever have a destination other than the
>  device assigned to agent 123.

Time shifts or hotdesks: You have 5 phones/devices and 20 agents. The
agents are able to login to whatever phone/device is available at any
time. And you want queue_log reports for the agent activity, not the
phone/device.

I know that you can use dialplan logic, astdb, hack and magic, with a
little realtime to assign Local/XXX at agents to the real device Agent XXX
is using to login at that particular time. But it would be much cleaner
to have a way to specify the 'name' for dynamic members and use that in
queue_log entries or even AMI events.

> Note that this 'member name' stuff we are talking about will have
> absolutely no bearing on channel names at all; it will only affect
> queue_log entries, Manager events generated by app_queue (those in the
> 'AGENT' category, which is misnamed) and console messages where it is
> relevant. I understand the complexity of dealing Local channels that
> appear and disappear in something like Flash Operator Panel, but the
> current discussion won't have any effect on that, unless I am mistaken.

I understand. I'm not talking about FOP or channel names. I have also
written queue_log parsers and statistics reports. When analizyng FreePBX
queue_log files I'm doing exactly what you describe, changing
Local/XXXX at context to SIP/XXXX. But the statistics are related to the
phone/device and not to the user/agent using that device. This is ok for
most companies where people have their desk/phone and never change, but
this is not always the case.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>