[asterisk-dev] Understanding Voicemail Storage

Justin Tunney jtunney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 01:32:16 MST 2006

On 8/23/06, Arnd Vehling <av at nethead.de> wrote:
> Not yet. Ive discovered the extistance of the ODBC feature just two
> days ago when glimpsing at the app_voicemail sourcecode. As 90%
> of the poeple out there are using the stock, filesystem based
> storing system i need a solution for this system before adapting
> the scripts to ODBC.

You're probably better off with the file system based one anyway...
The ODBC support is INSANELY buggy.  I've fixed several bugs with it
already and there are even more with the less commonly used features
I'm sure.  For example, the latest problem I found was a bug where if
someone left you a message that was too short, the first message in
your vm box would be deleted.