[asterisk-dev] Understanding Voicemail Storage

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Wed Aug 23 01:01:00 MST 2006

Justin Tunney wrote:

> If you're writing an abstraction layer for Comedian Mail, have you
> considered using ODBC voicemail?

Not yet. Ive discovered the extistance of the ODBC feature just two
days ago when glimpsing at the app_voicemail sourcecode. As 90%
of the poeple out there are using the stock, filesystem based
storing system i need a solution for this system before adapting
the scripts to ODBC.

For the ones interested: The script currently supports asterisk-realtime
and plain ascii (voicemail.conf) authorization. The scripts are complete
but problems may show up when app_voicemail locks directories. I.e.
when voicemessages are received, moved or deleted via app_voicemail and
at the same time the voicemail spool is manipulated using the script.
I hope to solve this problems till end of the months.

BTW: I think that using qmails maildir format would be the best solution
for storing voicemails.

-- Arnd