[asterisk-dev] Incorrect version of menuselect when checking out older versions of trunk

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Sun Aug 20 02:00:01 MST 2006

I am trying to track down a bug in asterisk, and part of that was
checking out previous versions so I can find out when the bug was
introduced.

I just checked out r37320, which checked out r23 of menuselect

  svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk asterisk-37320
-r37320
[snip]
Fetching external item into 'asterisk-37320/menuselect'
A    asterisk-37320/menuselect/menuselect_stub.c
A    asterisk-37320/menuselect/menuselect.c
A    asterisk-37320/menuselect/menuselect_curses.c
A    asterisk-37320/menuselect/menuselect.h
A    asterisk-37320/menuselect/linkedlists.h
A    asterisk-37320/menuselect/example_menuselect-tree
A    asterisk-37320/menuselect/Makefile
A    asterisk-37320/menuselect/README
A    asterisk-37320/menuselect/strcompat.c
  U   asterisk-37320/menuselect
Checked out external at revision 23.

However, I could not build asterisk, because there was an error

Unable to open 'menuselect-tree' for reading!
Error parsing 'menuselect-tree'!
make: *** [menuselect.makeopts] Error 255

I happened to have a copy of the menuselect directory from the time that
I checked out r37320 when it was the leading edge (trunk), and I copied
that directory into the fresh 37320 directory and I could then build.

I suppose the problem is that the version of menuselect is *not* tied to
the version of asterisk, so it's always the latest version of menuselect
that is checked out. Should we not link the two versions together ?

Should I raise a bug ?

Julian