[asterisk-dev] Recent additions to the Digium Asterisk development team

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Aug 17 15:33:17 MST 2006

----- Denis Galvão <denisgalvao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe Digium could release a new board with the MFC/R2 code
> implemented inside of the board, is it possible Kevin?

Anything is possible. However, Digium does not make, and has no plans to make, any line interface cards with onboard processors to handle signaling protocols. In addition, doing that would require development of an MFC/R2 stack anyway, unless we wanted to embed an open source stack like Steve's, which would be unlikely.

Certainly you are welcome to raise this point with your distributor and with Digium's sales and marketing team; the only way that this 'problem' (if it is one) will ever come to any resolution is for one (or both) of the parties to compromise some part of their current positions and make an agreement. Neither of them will do that without a significant direct benefit to doing so, since both of them hold their current positions for significant (and important) reasons.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer