[asterisk-dev] Recent additions to the Digium Asterisk development team

Denis Galvão denisgalvao at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:28:51 MST 2006

Hi all.

Was not my interest to put a flamewar on air. I think we can roll
this discussion in a civilized way(like it is now). I think this is
the right forum to do that cause involves development/developers issues.

On 17 de ago de 2006, at 11:14, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> This is not an issue that Digium can do anything about. If the work
> has been done and provides the functionality that you desire, but
> is not contributed to Digium for inclusion in Asterisk, then that
> is how it is. Digium would be happy to see Steve's MFC/R2 and
> spandsp work be part of the official Asterisk tree, but we cannot
> make that happen, only Steve can.

Maybe my question should be delivered directly to Digium people,
cause involves their Asterisk hardware market strategy in Brazil.

Im a fan of Digium and all of their developers/employees that I have
met on Von Fall 2005(including Mark). All of them were gentle with
myself. My company is a Digium partner on a good project in Brazil
(more to come...) so, we have a very good relationship.

But, like a member of my community(AsteriskBrasil.org) I have some
attributions and one of them is to have our needs on the core of
Asterisk, thats why I posted my email here.

Maybe we should develop a new MFC/R2 from scratch like Tilghman
suggested, it will take time and maybe we'll loose some projects/
opportunities. I prefer to contribute on something ready to go(like
Steve's code), we are doing that, Steve knows about it.

Maybe Digium could release a new board with the MFC/R2 code
implemented inside of the board, is it possible Kevin?

Best regards from brazilian asterisk people.

Denis Galvão
AsteriskBrasil.org