[asterisk-dev] Re: russell: trunk r40153 - in /trunk:acinclude.m4 configure configure.ac

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Aug 17 09:22:39 MST 2006

Kevin wrote:
> About what, the bugs in GNU make? We have never tracked down exactly
what
> they are... we found problems on our own systems (primarily make
segfaulting)
> when using 3.79, 3.79.1 and 3.80, and in every case upgrading GNU make
> 3.81 solved the problems. We have not spent any time finding out
exactly
> which features we are using (and in what way) are causing these
problems yet.

> They are completely reproducible; if you want to try building SVN
trunk on
> your sarge (make 3.80) machine, feel free... when make segfaults, you
can try
> to figure out what it was doing that caused the problem and then we
can
> decide the best way to accomodate those bugs in the Makefiles.

Just another data point, but my test and development platforms are FC3/4
or
RedHat ES4 with make 3.80, and I have been compiling SVN checkouts as
recently
as early this week.  I haven't had any segfaults, but I also have not
exercised menuselect very much, I basically build everything, if that
matters.

Dan