[asterisk-dev] Re: russell: trunk r40153 - in /trunk: acinclude.m4 configure configure.ac

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 00:50:10 MST 2006

In article <20060817061603.8C766A93C14 at abita.digium.internal>,
 <svn-commits at lists.digium.com> wrote:
> Author: russell
> Date: Thu Aug 17 01:16:00 2006
> New Revision: 40153

> Log:
> print a warning at the end of the configure script if the version of GNU Make
> in use is a version earlier than 3.81

This strikes me as an unreasonable requirement, particularly given all
the effort that has been made in the past to keep supporting older versions
of GCC.

FC1 has GNU Make 3.79.1, FC3 and CentOS 4 have 3.80. Even FC5 has 3.80 !!
Asterisk 1.2 builds fine on all those systems. I have even built trunk a
couple of months ago on FC1, with apparent success.

So what are the potential problems with not using version 3.81 or later of
GNU Make?  Please can some effort be put into removing this restriction?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield