[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Aug 14 10:44:32 MST 2006

Correct.

> Where do pbxA and pbxB need to exchange RDNIS?  Do you want
> pbxB to cancel the
> call to pbxA, setting RDNIS (i.e. the reverse direction)?  Or
> do you want
> pbxB to attempt to complete the call again, but this time calling the
> destination that SIP/foo recommended?

The latter. I want pbxB to attempt to complete the call again, this time calling the destination that SIP/foo recommends.

> Where is the problem of RDNIS not being communicated between
> pbxA and pbxB
> coming up?

The problem is coming up when Asterisk tries to make a new call to the destination that SIP/foo recommends. Because the type of the call is IAX, no rdnis is set, eventhough the phone on pbxB has forwarded the call.