[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Aug 14 09:59:28 MST 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 12:49, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> This makes no sense to me. RDNIS isn't set until phone B, on the other side
> of the trunk forwards a call. What's the point of setting it on this side
> of the trunk, before the call is placed?

Maybe I am misunderstanding then.

pbxA sends a call to pbxB.  pbxB tries to call SIP/foo.  SIP/foo returns with
a "temporarily moved."

Where do pbxA and pbxB need to exchange RDNIS?  Do you want pbxB to cancel the
call to pbxA, setting RDNIS (i.e. the reverse direction)?  Or do you want
pbxB to attempt to complete the call again, but this time calling the
destination that SIP/foo recommended?

Where is the problem of RDNIS not being communicated between pbxA and pbxB
coming up?

-A.