[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 07:43:16 MST 2006

On 8/8/06, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:

Poor choices? I am not aware of any public documentation that states that
> using IAX2 trunking will remove SIP features. Therefore, I fail to see how
> deciding to implement Asterisk trunking with the "INTER" "ASTERISK"
> "EXCHANGE" is a poor first choice.

It's a poor choice because it isn't working for you, obviously.

Why is it that whenever I ask tough questions, or point out the obvious,
> some people, rather than being constructive, choose to resort to name
> calling? Is that the best you can do?

Name-calling isn't good, but I think the reason you get the responses you do
is that you are not dealing with a corporation selling a commercial product
backed up by a spec which they say the program is supposed to implement. So,
it's not like you're revealing something the company would rather keep
quiet, like a breach of their obligations or responsibilities; you're asking
the "tough questions" as you call them, of volunteers who generally work on
this project out of altruism or to meet their own needs or the needs of
those who pay them.

Just because you want Asterisk to be written in a certain way does NOT mean
that they have to do it that way. You aren't paying them. You don't have a
support contract with them. They have not represented IN ANY WAY that they
will support you specifically or make changes to the product to make your
specific needs.

When you send messages to the list acting like they do, people
(understandably, in my view) get upset.

-Rusty