[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Tue Aug 8 07:43:54 MST 2006

> 	Regarding the rdnis & dnid, I'm not going to comment.

 I would like to add here, that rdnis and dnid should not be used at all for
dialplan decisions, but ${BlindTransferNum} instead, which should be set from
asterisk for every channel being blind transfered, which is the case in the
example.
 When the transfer is attended you will see the new call as SIP in your AGI
and the new bridge will be made later for the new SIP channel and the old IAX2.
 As specified on http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/RDNIS - "This usually only
works on a PRI." and it was added to SIP for bounty -
http://bugs.digium.com/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=1231, but you should not
relay on it in dialplan logic if you use other channels too.