[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Aug 7 09:17:28 MST 2006

----- Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> Now, when UA-B forwards a call that came from UA-A to UA-C, it sends a
> 'Moved temporarily' message back to PBX-2. PBX-2 re-enters the dial
> plan at this  point, looking for a new match for the forwarded call.
> It executes my AGI script again. Normally, the rdnis would be set, and
> the type of the call would be SIP. However, when the call has been
> trunked from another Asterisk system, the call type is instead IAX2,
> eventhough it should be SIP. As a result, because IAX2 does not
> convery rdnis, it gets lost.

This is incorrect. When UA-B sends a 302 Redirect to PBX-2, that means there was never a SIP call established _AT ALL_. Instead the Dial() that was placed by the incoming IAX2 channel out to UA-B is now _redirected_ to the new destination, as if it had called that destination originally.

I don't know what your issue is with RDNIS, but I don't see how that would make this appear to be a 'SIP call', since it is not. It is an incoming IAX2 channel that is now placing a call to the new destination.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer