[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Aug 4 07:34:30 MST 2006

On Friday 04 August 2006 10:17, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> No Matt. It's comical. This is exactly the type of situation that IAX2 was
> designed for, and it doesn't do it very well. The very fact that I have to
> make modifications to the code to get IAX2 to work, but not SIP (yet),
> indicates IAX2 is falling far short of it's expectations.

Did you check out Tilghman's patch?  It looks very cool and a great starting
point. It certainly eliminates MY beefs with IAX2 variable passing, although
I have to set up a test environment to verify it all:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7619

> I don't see how this is complaining. I am trying to solve a problem, and
> given the lack of documentation out there, this is one of the few places to
> turn. I can't understand why it is that whenever I ask questions that are
> due to limitations in Asterisk, it's called complaining.

It's more or less the method in which you discuss.  It's very accusatory, and
(like myself, unfortunately) has no test code to go along with the
suggestions.

-A.