[asterisk-dev] Configuration for recording quality?

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 06:43:30 MST 2006

On 8/4/06, Jan du Toit <jan.du.toit at decisionworx.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have recently posted a mail on the users mailing list, asking around
> how to change the quality setting of files that asterisk record for you.
> For instance change the 8kHz for meetme recordings to 32kHz.

I don't think there would be any point (that is to say, any quality
improvement) in recording at anything other than 8KHz at present,
since all audio passing through Asterisk is sampled at 8KHz anyway. If
you need 32KHz files for compatibility with another application, it
should be fairly trivial to upsample the recorded files using a
utility such as sox.

-Rusty