[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Aug 3 10:57:42 MST 2006

Kevin,

When the IAX2 soft phone makes a call, I can grab the dial plan variable ${ACCOUNTCODE} before the call is terminated, and before Asterisk writes the CDR. Obviously, Asterisk is associating the IAX2 user from iax.conf with their account code variable, and making it available in the dial plan for this call.

I'm trying to understand why the accountcode is accessible for this call from an IAX2 client to Asterisk, but apparently not accessible when the call is between one Asterisk system and another via IAX2.

Doug.