[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Aug 3 10:34:46 MST 2006

----- Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> I dial 124, and voila... there's the account code for this user on the
> screen. So, I'll ask again. If variables like the account code can be
> set for an IAX user agent, and passed from Asterisk to the dial plan,
> why can't they be passed with IAX from one Asterisk system to another?
> Makes no sense to me. I must be missing something.

What does 'passed from Asterisk to the dialplan' mean?

You are clearly misinterpreting what is happening here. When your IAX2 softphone sends a NEW request to Asterisk to create a channel, Asterisk populates the CDR on that channel with the accountcode setting from the type=user entry that was used from iax.conf. That is all. Very simple. No data related to any variables is being passed over the IAX2 channel between Asterisk and the softphone.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer