[asterisk-dev] bug in echo cancel at 256 taps

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Aug 2 09:40:37 MST 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 11:20 AM, John Lange wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 10:43 -0500, Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
>
>> As previously suggested, make sure you are running the most current
>> version of the echo canceler (MG2 in trunk right now) before you file
>> any sort of bug report.  It is unlikely that you will find anybody
>> that
>> wants to fix bugs in old code.
>
> I wasn't under the impression that the other cancelers are depreciated?
> I thought it was a selection of cancelers that might work better in
> certain situations and you should experiment to find the one that works
> best for you?
>
> If MG2 is the "current" canceler then shouldn't it be made the default
> in the current release?

It has had the most work done on it.  However, it is in trunk, so it
has not migrated back to a release branch yet, and possibly won't until
1.4.  It might be worth reevaluating how we do releases with the echo
cancelers though.  It's just such a fickle part of the code that it
makes me nervous to introduce major changes into something that already
works for people.

Matthew Fredrickson