[asterisk-dev] Re: MONITOR_EXEC. What about MEETME_EXEC?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 02:30:03 MST 2006

In article <20060802090815.M87110 at varna.net>,
Kaloyan Kovachev <kkovachev at varna.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:00:28 +0200, Jan du Toit wrote
> > My dialplan looks as follows, the user dials in and are prompt for
> > meetme room and pin number:
> >
> > exten => s,1,MeetMe(${ROOM},rsxA,${PIN})
> >
> > When a meetme user hangs up/been kicked then we count the number of
> > participants in the conference and based on that we execute the extension
> > which executes the System(lame-script) application.
> >
> > exten => h,1,MeetMeCount(${ROOM}|countvar)
> > exten => h,2,GotoIf($[${ROOM} != "" & ${countvar} = 0]?5010:5011)
> >
> > The problem is that the ${ROOM} varaible is empty by the time we get to h,1.
> > I have read somewhere that some channel varaibles are destroyed and you have
> > to watch out for this when using the h extension.

I have always found the variables I want have still been available in the 'h'
extension. When setting ROOM, you could always try setting _ROOM or __ROOM
in case it is getting lost somewhere during a channel switch or inheritance.
You still gets its value using ${ROOM} and not ${_ROOM} etc.

See "show application set".

> I am not sure, but MeetMe does not set the variable ${ROOM} when entered from
> the user - you will probably need to use ${CONFNO} instead

I assume the OP was setting ROOM himself, since he passed its value to
Meetme as an argument.

Also, an inspectino of the code shows that MeetMe does not set the variable
CONFNO. It refers to it in the description of the 'R' (record) option, but
in fact that part of the default filename is filled in directly from an
internal variable, and not put into the variable CONFNO.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield