[asterisk-dev] Re: MONITOR_EXEC. What about MEETME_EXEC?

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Wed Aug 2 02:14:28 MST 2006

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:00:28 +0200, Jan du Toit wrote

>> Thanks for the
advice.
>> I follow you and know what to do up to the point of 'run the
conversion'
>> The conversion is performed by means of a
script.
>> Can one invoke a script from an extension? And
how?

>show application
system
>show application
trysystem

>They allow you to invoke an arbitrary command via the shell from the
dialplan.

Thanks the System application
works.

But I'm stuck before executing the script. I know this thread is suppose to be
on the user list, but bare with me
please.
I'm following Kevin Flemming's advice:
>>Let's see... set a channel variable in the dialplan before going
into MeetMe, then in the context where

>MeetMe was executed add an 'h' extension. In that extension, check
for the magic channel variable,

>then use MEETME_COUNT() to see if any users are left in the MeetMe
and if not, run the
conversion.My dialplan looks as follows, the user dials in and are prompt for
meetme room and pin number:

> exten => s,1,MeetMe(${ROOM},rsxA,${PIN})
>
> When a meetme user hangs up/been kicked then we count the number of
participants in the conference and based on that we execute the extension
which executes the System(lame-script) application.

> exten => h,1,MeetMeCount(${ROOM}|countvar)
> exten => h,2,GotoIf($[${ROOM} != "" & ${countvar} = 0]?5010:5011)
>
> The problem is that the ${ROOM} varaible is empty by the time we get to h,1.
> I have read somewhere that some channel varaibles are destroyed and you have
to watch out for this when using the h extension.

I am not sure, but MeetMe does not set the variable ${ROOM} when entered from
the user - you will probably need to use ${CONFNO} instead