[asterisk-dev] Feature Digit Timeout Bug

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Aug 1 15:17:27 MST 2006

Someone on IRC reported to me last night that the "featuredigittimeout"
option in features.conf was not working correctly.  I tested it out and
confirmed the issue.

The default value of this option is 500 ms, which means that the maximum
length in between digits to activate a feature is 500 ms.  The problem
is that after this time has exceeded, the queued digits are not passed
across the bridge until the next event occurs that causes the call to
break out of the bridge.

I began working on the fix for this problem last night but I'm not sure
when I'll be able to finish it because I have a lot of school work to
attend to this week.  So, here is the issue in case someone else is
interested in working on it.

ast_bridge_call() in res_features.c correctly sets config->feature_timer
to 500 before calling ast_channel_bridge().  However,
ast_channel_bridge(), located in channel.c, does not take this value
into account when calculating the time at which the next event occurs,
and the call needs to break out of the bridge for some extra processing.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Developer