[asterisk-dev] Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006925, 04-28-06 17:49 Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006920

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Apr 30 10:48:54 MST 2006

Denis Smirnov wrote:

> I ask many times -- how can developers get access to only own branch?
> Without this I can't distribute my modifications without creating my own
> distribution resources (public svn and web page).

Start being active on the bug tracker helping out with other people's
bugs, testing, reviewing code and adding documentation where
appropriate. Get your code into shape to be merged (in spite of the
delays that are out your control). Demonstrate that you understand how
the Asterisk code base is to be managed and what types of code is
acceptable and what is not. Communicate with the rest of the development
community by asking intelligent questions and answering them where you can.

When you do all these things, you become a valuable member of the
development community and we give you a place to do your work on our
servers. Setting up your own distribution is not hard to do, but using
our resources implies that the work you are doing there is closely
associated with the main Asterisk project, and we don't just give that
out because people ask for it.

> It's would not treated as architecture changes?

Yes, and it was submitted long before the architectural freeze went into
effect. We've already covered this a few times on this list.

> I think that asterisk project can get good ideas from OpenPBX.

None of which we can use, unless the authors/copyright holders of those
ideas/code submit them for our consideration.