[asterisk-dev] HINTING, how it works... Please explain

Asterisk asterisk at crafted.com.au
Thu Apr 27 20:45:10 MST 2006

Hi,

I was wondering if the Dev community could help me out with a few
answers to questions I am having a hard time getting info on.

Firstly, is there a document describing HINTING and how it works so I
can program a tool to monitor it?

Also, I have noticed with my Grandstream phone.  They register with the
Asterisk Box, but if the Asterisk Box is restarted, it looses track of
the registered phones wanting to know about the call process...
How is hinting suppose to deal/recover from this.  Are the grandstream
phone suppose to re-register every 15min or some configurable value, as
to recover from this?

Thanks,
James