[asterisk-dev] AST_FORMAT_AMR anyone?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Wed Apr 26 12:39:48 MST 2006

On 26 Apr 2006, at 19:23, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Tim Panton wrote:
>
>> Any chance of getting a constant allocated in  include/asterisk/
>> frame.h
>> for AMR (wide and narrow?)
>
> There are tons of codecs that we could add this 'token' support
> for, and
> the current methods of defining them and selecting them have finite
> limits as to the number of formats we can support.

I feared that.
(special pleading: There are probably more AMR licenced devices out
there than
any other codec.)

Failing that....
How about a wildcard codec, so we can at least not use
ones that will get allocated, or a 'meta' codec with some formal
extension
mechanism.

> I don't think it is likely that we will just start adding 'format
> types'
> for formats that will never be in the tree.

Erm, given Digium's ability to sell the 729 codec, any chance
Digium would be licensing AMR (also from voiceage)?

Tim.

Tim Panton
tim at mexuar.com