[asterisk-dev] Having a bit of trouble with autoconf/automake

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Tue Apr 25 23:41:22 MST 2006

I used automake --add-missing to fix the missing install.sh files that
autoconf was complaining about, now when I run ./configure I get:

./configure: line 4191: AST_CHECK_GNU_MAKE: command not found
checking for grep... /bin/grep
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for find... /usr/bin/find
checking for compress... :
checking for basename... /bin/basename
checking for dirname... /usr/bin/dirname
checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking for ln... /bin/ln
checking for dot... :
./configure: line 4574: syntax error near unexpected token `asound,'
./configure: line 4574: `AST_EXT_LIB(asound, snd_spcm_init,
alsa/asoundlib.h, ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture, -lm -ldl)'

Is the configure script hosed, or is it me???
\
This is on FC5