[asterisk-dev] chan_sip hold/retrieve

Nicolas LEGROS Nicolas.LEGROS at teleca.fr
Tue Apr 25 04:45:04 MST 2006

I'm studying the hold/retrieve feature in the chan_sip (in order to
implement this feature in chan_h323)

I understood how it's done when a remote endpoint put a call on hold:

- In function process_sdp, we'll put the call on hold (or retrieves)
depending on following parameters's value:  sin.sin_addr.s_addr and
sendonly...

But I don't know how Asterisk can put the remote endpoint on hold:

-          The function add_sdp will build the sdp.

If Asterisk wants to put the remote onhold, the channel may build a sdp
message in consequence (no rtp @ or sendonly parameter...)

But which parameter of the channel (or sip_pvt) will give us this
indication?

Thanks by advance.

Nicolas