[asterisk-dev] Multiple email addresses for voicemail notification

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Tue Apr 25 03:22:10 MST 2006

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> At some point, we're going to change the format of the voicemail.conf
> file to be a little more flexible, along the lines of:
>
> [1001 at default]
> secret => 1234
> fullname => Joe Blow
> email => joe at blow.com,joe_blow at example.com
>
> This is probably going to wait until after 1.4 is branched.  However, it
> makes the complication of this issue go away entirely.

This looks perfect. It's a shame it can't be brought forward.

The patch we're now considering is very limited in scope. It would
retrieve the email address(es) from voicemail.conf or realtime as
normal. If the field contains a comma, space, tab, colon, or semicolon,
or any combination of them, it splits the email addresses using these,
and send to all of them. If app_voicemail were written in Perl, the code
would be (assuming $email hold the address(es) from voicemail.conf or
realtime):

foreach my $address ( split( /[,\s:;]+/, $email ) {
	# send to $address
}

If we wrote this and submitted it, would it get included for 1.4
(assuming of course it was decent quality)?

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/