[asterisk-dev] Multiple email addresses for voicemail notification

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Apr 24 04:45:27 MST 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 07:20:18AM -0400, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> > > Now I wonder what scripts will be broken by this syntax. The most
> > > obvious separater (,) can't be used. I figure that ';' or ':' are
> > > better candidates.
> >
> > Either of these would be fine. We can have our web interface modify
> > the user's input before writing to the realtime database. Which would
> > people  prefer? : is the standard separator for Unix variable such as
> > $PATH, so this seems sensible. We can do both if desired.
> >
> Why not standard To: field format? Something like
>
> 1234 => 4567, Joe Bloggs, "joe at example.com,joe.bloggs at example.com"

First off, there may or may not be spaces. Also consider the fact that
voicemail.conf's entries are parsed by several ddifferent parsers.
Having all of them assume that they shouldn't break all the code by
commas may or may not work.  There is a pretty good chance that one of
the parsers will consider the email as ' "joe at example.com'

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406