[asterisk-dev] Multiple email addresses for voicemail notification

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Mon Apr 24 02:44:18 MST 2006

Patrick wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 10:18 +0100, Alistair Cunningham wrote:
>> A very useful feature for us would be to allow users to set multiple
>> email addresses in voicemail notification, and have emails sent to all
>> of them. Looking at the code there doesn't seem to be a neat way to do this.
>>
>> Does anyone have a neat way, or does this need implemented? If it needs
>> written, we're willing to do this and send in a patch.
>
> Use an email address in voicemail.conf that is actually an alias to the
> email addresses you want to send the voicemail to. Would be nice to be
> able to specify it in voicemail though so I would welcome a patch.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

Patrick,

Our product, ITSP, is for commercial VoIP providers selling to
residential and SME customers. It uses Asterisk realtime for voicemail
configuration. End customers configure their email address on the web
interface. Asking our customers to tell their residential end customers
to use aliases is not an option, I'm afraid.

We'll get started on a patch. I'm thinking space separated for the email
addresses in voicemail.conf, making a sample line:

1234 => 4567, Joe Bloggs, joe at example.com joe.bloggs at example.com

In realtime, we could allow spaces and/or commas.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/