[asterisk-dev] Re: DTMF detection and generation code

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Sun Apr 23 22:05:12 MST 2006

Hello--

I see this discussion about DTMF in Asterisk, and at the danger of
forking the discussion, I dare here to present a problem I've been
having with DTMF...

I have an FXO Zap card (X100P) in my system, and I've got the privacy
manager being run on incoming calls.

The county's school system, trying to lower telecommunications costs,
have gotten themselves T1's with no callerID. And on their side,
everything is VOIP.

They consistently fail the privacy manager when calling me! They simply
cannot use DTMF to talk to my system. My system simply cannot recognize
their tones. I've got the 'relaxedDTMF ' option turned on, BTW.

So why is just this one source such a problem, when everyone else has no
problems? I ask them to hit a key when I talk to them, and I can hear
the tones generated.

murf