[asterisk-dev] DTMF detection and generation code

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Apr 23 12:18:49 MST 2006

Vahan Yerkanian wrote:

> I think in the general case Asterisk has to forward the same DTMF
> durations that it receives in one format to the other format. Many many
> proprietary weird systems are tuned to accept specific DTMF durations,
> and by Murphy's law, your next project involves such a system. So, it's
> not uncommon for customer raising the question why "this new cool
> system" cuts the tone duration to a defined length while he is still
> keeping his finger on the button.

If this is the case then these applications will not work for calls from
a cell phone.  These applications also will not work for calls from many
larger PBXs.  I think Steve's problem is that he does not believe that
anyone would write applications in such a way that they will not work
with calls from cell phones.  I agree with him.